Did you know that 1 in 15 insured homes will experience a property damage claim this year? Protect your home by following these 7 easy steps:
- Use smoke detectors - and don't forget to change the batteries!
- Clean dryer vents - not only will it make your clothes less linty, but failure to do so can be a fire hazard.
- Monitor appliances while in use - don't wander too far away while your toast is toasting!
- Annually review your insurance coverage - your agent will be happy to help, and it is important to check for any possible gaps.
- Use a home security system - it will even get you a discount on your insurance! Other security options can be as simple as installing deadbolt locks to prevent break-ins.
- Remove snow from your roof - by clearing the edges of your roof, you prevent snow from melting and then refreezing to block drains, causing seepage into your home.
- Use water leak sensors - these little gadgets sound an alarm when they detect water, making it easy to detect a problem before it causes widespread damage.
Hack your home today!
Read more at the original article on CNBC here.